Friday, May 28, 2010

Losing and Regaining the Song


The attacks of Satan that cause me to lose my song are very subtle, and often are only slowly recognized, as it dawns that I've been "conned" and deluded into this by him, through my own weakness and lust.

Therefore, emerging into the light again brings new repentance, new meekness, new faith in God through Christ, and new power of service for him. 

The Scripture says:

Luke 22:31-32   And the Lord said, "Simon, Simon! Indeed, Satan has asked for you, that he may sift you as wheat.  But I have prayed for you, that your faith should not fail; and when you have returned to Me, strengthen your brethren."
Peter was hoodwinked into denying the Lord, and his sin was exposed by the rooster and the glance of the Lord.  He wept -- I'm sure not only for what he'd done, but for how he didn't have the guts to reverse course where he stood.  But, he was recovered to his senses.  Empowered by the Spirit, he converted 3000 men on the day of Pentecost.

Yes, we are stunned by the attacks of Satan -- but the Lord turns it for good.

We should sing a new song!

1 comment: