Saturday, October 30, 2010

Good News


This post always appears first.

You are invited to visit the blog topic lists or the archives shown to the left, or look at recent posts via the "Older Posts" link down below. 

"Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."

 - Jesus   (Gospel of Matthew, chap 11, vss 28-30)

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

  - Jesus   (Gospel of John, chap 14, vs 6)

For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,  and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures,  and that He was seen by Cephas, then by the twelve.  After that He was seen by over five hundred brethren at once, of whom the greater part remain to the present, but some have fallen asleep.  After that He was seen by James, then by all the apostles.  Then last of all He was seen by me also, as by one born out of due time.

  - Paul the Apostle (First Letter to the Corinthians, chap 15, vss 3-8)

God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.  Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us: we implore you on Christ's behalf, be reconciled to God.  For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

  - Paul the Apostle (Second Letter to the Corinthians, chap 5, vss 19-21)

1 comment: