Monday, December 6, 2021

Home

 

This blog (christocentry.blogspot.com) was created in 2009 to serve as an outlet for the expression of my own theological thoughts, opinions and questions.  The target audience was a few friends and the general Christian public, but it was not directed toward my own church or members of it.  I hoped for feedback to the posts and did get some in the early years of the blog.

Many thanks to the friends and "unknowns" who have posted comments to this blog. I'm sorry I didn't respond to many of you in a timely manner, but please accept my thanks at this time.

The peak of writing occurred in 2010 and slowly diminished after that year.  Now that 10 years have passed, things have changed.  I no longer contribute to this blog, but do want to preserve what is valuable, correct errors, at some point to organize the material into chapters and finalize it for "posterity," perhaps as a small booklet that I can hand out to friends or Christians in need.

The blog is still open to the general public.  My desire is to avail myself of the commentary of friends as I labor to finish this job.  You can leave replies to any post with suggestions and corrections.

Notes

The most recent posts in Dec 2021 come from previously unpublished drafts that I found in the blog archives.  Some of those have now been brought out and published.  They are much older than the publication date on the posts.  Some of them may be fragmentary or unfinished, but the existing substance has been published.

Also, because of the way the blogger program works, the publication date at the top of a post is the date of the original publication of the post.  Many posts will have updates.  Those with substantial updates may have this noted in their title lines, but the blogger-generated publication date will not change.

The label list of topics down the left side of the blog window are my attempt to tie together topics that are within the posts.  You can select a topic and see all posts that have that label attached to them.  I can't guarantee that all labeling is appropriate or that all posts which have a common topic are properly tied together this way.  Hopefully, this situation will improve over time.

There are many "genres" of posts in this blog, some critical, some teaching, some questioning, some speculating and some devotional.  I most prefer the latter.

Best wishes to you in your reading, and I hope to hear from some of you in the responses to the posts, whether it is in the form of correction, debate or of approval.  

Note:  The blog system does not always present a text box to allow a response to a post.  If you want to leave a response to any post, and a response box is not present at the bottom of the post, click on the Title of the post that you wish to respond to, and that post will appear with a response box at the bottom.

Thank you,

Boyd


No comments:

Post a Comment