Sunday, March 18, 2012

Christian Sacrifice


Romans 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. (NKJ)

First of all, this is not the command of God, but rather our Father beseeches us, in view of his sacrifice of his best for us, which he made by not sparing his own Son from death on the cross for our sins, that we should in response to his sacrifice give over ourselves entirely to him as living and active sacrifices for the sake of his Name and Glory, ready to do all that he calls us to do in the light of his sovereign grace.

It is not my life to live, but His in me, nor my ambitions, but his for me and through me. Whether he call me to menial or maximal service, in the end it will have his praise, his crown of reward, near his throne.

Is this yours?

1 comment: